Stamford Striders Juniors Club Championship 2023
The Junior Club Championship set of races selected for 2023 are listed below along with the updated rules of competition. We hope that you can join in and take part. This is a great chance to see where your running training is taking you, to challenge yourself to improve your times, to be part of a Stamford Striders team and, most importantly, to enjoy your running. Good luck to all
|18th March||Rutland Water parkrun (U11 with an adult)||5k||Free||Rutland Water parkrun||Must register, Senior Champ too
||Thorney Fun Run||3k||£4||Thorney Fun Run
||Cash entry on the day only|
||Langtoft Fun Run||3k
||Langtoft Road Run
||Senior champ too|
||Bretton Park Junior parkrun (Max age 14)
||Bretton Park Junior parkrun
||Eye Grand Prix||3k||£3||Peterborough GP Series||Senior event too
||Castle Bytham Chase (U11 with an adult)||5k||TBC||Castle Bytham Mid Summer Festival
||Senior champ too|
|28th June||Stamford Grand Prix||3k||£3||Peterborough GP Series||Senior event too
|12th July||PANVAC Grand Prix||3k||£3||Peterborough GP Series||Senior event too|
|26th July||Werrington Grand Prix||3k||£3||Peterborough GP Series||Senior event too|
||Bushfield Grand Prix||3k||£3||Peterborough GP Series||Senior event too|
||Central Park Junior parkrun (Max age 14)
||Central Park Junior parkrun
||2.5k||TBC||Barnack School Fun Run
||Anna's Hope Peterborough Fun Run||5k||£3||Great Eastern Run||Senior champ too|
|Nov?||Riverside Run (St Neots)||3k||TBC||Riverside Runners|
- There is no obligation to take part, yet it is open to all Juniors, regardless of ability.
- Points are allocated separately to boys and girls: 50 for the winner, 49 for 2nd and so on. These count towards the Overall Championship Awards.
- Finishing times are also adjusted using the WAVA age grading calculator to allow for differences in age between competitors. Points are then allocated on these adjusted times and will count towards the Age Adjusted Championship Awards.
- 5 races must be completed to qualify for the championship.
- Awards will be made to the 1st and 2nd placed boy and girl in both Championships.
- If you enter more than 5 races, the best five results will count.
- Juniors must enter as a Stamford Strider.
- Please be aware there may be other, race-specific restrictions, terms and conditions.
- Parents are responsible for getting Juniors to and from races and for supervising their own children.
- The Peterborough GP Series are on Wednesday evenings at 7pm. For details visit the GP Series website.
For more information on the championships please ask one of the coaches or email Nick Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org.